Jan 30, 2018

ColourPop's You Had Me At Hello Palette Review + Swatches


Hello loves!
It's been a while since I've posted and this time I have no excuse... lost my mojo, been lazy, I don't know. But hey it's the 30th of January so it was about time I wrote the first post of the year ahah
This year I've skipped the classics "What I got for Christmas", "Best of the Year" and "New Year's Resolutions" and I'm jumping straight to a review of the ColourPop's eyeshadow palette You Had Me at Hello.

It's not the first time I talk about the brand in here (click for more!) so everyone knows I love it.. the products are amazing, the packaging is beautiful plus it's so affordable BUT it comes from Los Angeles and it's so hard to get it in Portugal, it always gets stuck in customs... I think this order took over 2 months to arrive with the holidays in between and all.

  
My favorite product from ColourPop is for sure the Super Shock Shadows (Lippie Stix are a very close runner up, so I ended up repurchasing Cami), so this time I decided to try one of their palettes - You Had me at Hello was my pick.



This shadow palette includes 12 Pressed Powder Shadows, a mix of matte and metallic shades that feature beige, brown and gold tones with a touch of peach, pink and plum, perfect for everyday looks but also for bold and dramatic eyes... for $18 what else could I ask for?!
The packaging is absolutely stunning, with a velvety finish touch and magnetic closure, very compact and it comes with a pretty decent size mirror, I'm pretty sure this will be my new travel palette!   
 

 
 
Off course the shadows didn't disappoint.. the colors are amazing, super pigmented, with barely any fall out and they swatch beautifully, see it for yourselves!

Top to bottom: Look-See, Winning Ticket, Sparks Fly, Want U Back, Pulling Strings, Two Peas - with and without flash.

  Top to bottom: Candygram, FBO, DTR, Fool's Rush, Moon Struck, The Knot - with and without flash.

What did you think of these swatches?
I'm truly happy with this palette, and I know I'll be reaching for it pretty frequently :)
Have you tried ColourPop cosmetics?
I know I love them, and it sucks that's so hard to get them here, otherwise my collection would be much bigger ahah

Thank you for reading,
Keep up with my adventures over at @m.onica!

11 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Sim :/ sempre 23% do valor do produto, que é o IVA e mais quase 15€ de taxas --' por isso é que normalmente juntamos sempre 3 ou 4 meninas e pedimos em conjunto para dividir essas despesas...viver em Portugal sucks!

      Delete
  2. The colours are amazing! I never had a colourpop product, but I have tried a cream eyeshadow from one of my friends and it was fantastic!!
    Kisses,

    A Maiazita

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful blog! I really like how you write
    and what you give photos. wonderful!
    I have a question, you will agree to follow for follow?
    I like to be in touch with inspirational blogs.
    Greetings from Poland!
    ayuna-chan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ayuna! :)
      And ofc, let me know when you follow so I can follow back

      xo

      Delete
  4. Que paleta tão bonita, fiquei mesmo maravilhada! Não conhecia a marca, mas parece ter uma ótima qualidade-preço! Adorei o blog, já segui!

    Beijinhos,
    www.the-mjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tens de experimentar, os produtos valem mesmo a pena!
      Obrigada, segui de volta :)

      Beijinhos

      Delete
  5. Nice palette!
    I`m following your blog with a great pleasure in GFC
    Follow back? Sunny Eri: beauty experience

    ReplyDelete

© Monica Gomes. Design by Fearne.